Thursday, June 21, 2012

Internet Adventures

Bonjour!

This week has been a big adventure in getting the internet up and running, both at work and at home.  Let me tell you, trying to get work done with no internet is both a blessing and a curse!  I have been powering through a presentation for the big project meeting I have next Wednesday, but it is severely lacking in pictures due to my lack of access.  Hope they all like texty powerpoints!

I have been search for apartments around here as well lately.  I have this month long workshop starting up on Monday, but while I can, I have been looking for apartments around here to move into when I am done with that.  So far I have a couple of leads, but it is much more complicated here than in the states!  Right now I am operating on walking around looking for "A louer" (For Rent) signs and word of mouth from people in the labs I am working in.  Hopefully I will figure that out soon!

Other than that, things are going well so far - I am realizing JUST how important my French will be, so I am trying to ramp up learning that in order to actually communicate with people.  Hopefully I can reach a conversational level soon!  There are a small handful of people who can speak English here, but for the most part it's all French and Wolof.  Perhaps I can learn a bit of that as well!

I should get back to work, so I will wrap up here and post anything else exciting that's happening over the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment